Team preview: Cornell
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
No Ivy League team has won less games in the last six years than Cornell's 42. Actually, no one is really all that close, with Dartmouth and Colombia having 48 each. In Steve Donahue's three seasons as coach, the Big Red hasn't even cracked double digits, with last season's nine wins being the most.
However, that should all change this winter, and by no means will it be a one-year fluke. By design, Donahue rebuilt this program with three consecutive recruiting classes considered among the league's best and finally, after allowing the underclassmen to develop, it's time.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM