Team preview: Cal State Northridge
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
A few solid recruits and the return of forward Ian Boylan should be enough to take the sting off of losing key guard Chris Slaughter for Cal State Northridge.
Count on coach Bobby Braswell's club to give other Big West programs a challenge in 2003-04. Braswell, who enters his eighth year as head coach in Northridge, wants Boylan (15.8 ppg, 4.5 rpg), a 6-6 junior and the team's top returning scorer and rebounder, to step up and do his part to fill the void left by Slaughter. A year ago, Slaughter averaged 14.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists. Boylan should handle the added responsibility just fine.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM