Team preview: South Carolina
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Updated: November 9, 2003, 1:57 PM ETBlue Ribbon Yearbook
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams. This is the season Dave Odom's rebuilding job at South Carolina begins in earnest. Don't let that trip to the NIT championship game in Odom's first season (2001-2002) fool you. That was done with players from the regime of former coach Eddie Fogler. And Odom wasn't happy with the first two recruiting classes he and his staff brought to Columbia. There was a nice player or two in each class, but it has taken a while for Odom to spread his particular gospel to recruits, especially in the talent-rich state of South Carolina.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com