Team preview: Mercer
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams. Despite winning a share of the Atlantic Sun's regular-season championship and posting the biggest turnaround in NCAA history, Mercer was left out of the postseason last year.
Mercer, which went from 6-23 in 2001-02 to 23-6 last season, was the league's best rebounding team (+6.7 margin) and also ranked first in overall field-goal percentage (.472) and three-point percentage (.379). The Bears were second in scoring offense (78.3 ppg), assists (17.0) and field-goal percentage defense (.419).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UC Santa Barbara fan confronts Hawaii coach
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM