Team preview: LaSalle
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
If you were buying futures of A-10 teams, then La Salle would be a hot stock.
The reason? The recruiting prowess of third-year Explorers coach Billy Hahn, who tapped into his old University of Maryland relationships to land the sensational young backcourt of Gary Neal, the 2002-2003 A-10 Rookie of the Year, and Jermaine Thomas, a top-shelf rookie in his own right last winter. Hahn went to Calvert Hall High in Baltimore, the same high school where he once nabbed current Washington Wizards guard Juan Dixon, to land Neal. Hahn also lured the 6-2 Thomas out of the familiar halls of Thomas Johnson (Md.) High School (the same school from which Hahn once landed Terrence Morris).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM