Team preview: Maryland
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams. This is the year Maryland coach Gary Williams learns what it's like to coach in the new world of college basketball, where underclassmen, frothing to get to the NBA, put in a couple of short years in college before cashing in.
The Terps learned a little about that with one-year player Steve Francis and two-year player Chris Wilcox, but Williams has always had the luxury of having upperclassmen to fill the voids left by early departures.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Gators' Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Maryland Terrapins Basketball Mat