Team preview: Duquesne
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
In 2002-2003, for a fifth consecutive season, Duquesne failed to reach double digits in wins. But believe it or not, the Dukes are getting better. Sure, you might have to squint to notice the improvement, but it's there. The trouble is that the rest of the teams in the Atlantic 10 West have gotten better over the last five years, too. Some of them significantly better.
As a result, the hard-luck Dukes lost a total of eight games by a five points or fewer a year ago, including a season-ending 75-73 loss to Rhode Island in the first round of the A-10 Tournament.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM