Team preview: Wyoming
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Returning four starters from a 22-9 team that advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, expectations were sky high for the Wyoming Cowboys entering last season. Unfortunately, Marcus Bailey, the best player on the team and in the MWC, suffered a knee injury in the ninth game and Wyoming was never able to meet its lofty preseason expectations.Even without Bailey, coach Steve McClain and the Cowboys put together another impressive record, finishing 21-11 and staying in the hunt for an at-large bid into the NCAA Tournament until losing four-of-five late in the season. The Cowboys had to settle for their third consecutive 20-win season and a second round exit in the NIT. The 2003-2004 Wyoming team won't be burdened by high expectations.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM