Team preview: TCU
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams. TCU coach Neil Dougherty got off to a rocky start in his first season. His first off-season as a head coach wasn't much better.
Dougherty, who took over for Billy Tubbs before the 2002-03 season, lost two players who decided to transfer over the summer-6-4 junior guard James Davis and 6-10 sophomore center Brian Carter. Both played limited roles with the team last year. Davis (2.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg) averaged 13.8 minutes in 21 games and Carter (0.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg) averaged 4.0 minutes in 17 games.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's TCU Horned Frogs Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt