Team preview: Ohio State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Last year, Ohio State's road to its fifth straight NCAA Tournament appearance was littered with the typical roadblocks: A killer non-conference schedule that featured Alabama, Duke, Seton Hall, Pitt and Louisville; the graduation of two of its top three scorers; and the usual bloody-knuckle grind that is the Big Ten season.
What the Buckeyes didn't expect was a rash of injuries that derailed a promising season and sent them spiraling to a disappointing eighth-place finish in the conference. They rallied in the Big Ten Tournament with three close wins before stumbling in the championship game against Illinois, then went out with a whimper in the first round of the NIT.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Ohio State Buckeyes Crossover Full-Size Basketball