Team preview: Ohio State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Last year, Ohio State's road to its fifth straight NCAA Tournament appearance was littered with the typical roadblocks: A killer non-conference schedule that featured Alabama, Duke, Seton Hall, Pitt and Louisville; the graduation of two of its top three scorers; and the usual bloody-knuckle grind that is the Big Ten season.
What the Buckeyes didn't expect was a rash of injuries that derailed a promising season and sent them spiraling to a disappointing eighth-place finish in the conference. They rallied in the Big Ten Tournament with three close wins before stumbling in the championship game against Illinois, then went out with a whimper in the first round of the NIT.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Beavers' Baker in ICU; required defibrillator
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball Performance White Polo