Team preview: Nebraska
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
It usually takes about four or five seasons for a coach to put his stamp on a program. Well, Nebraska coach Barry Collier is entering his fourth season and the mark he has left has gotten progressively worse. The Cornhuskers have rattled off win totals of 14, 13 and 11 the last three seasons, respectively. All this losing is not familiar to Collier, who turned Butler into a NCAA Tournament mainstay in the late 1990s.
But with his most experienced squad yet (four starters, 12 lettermen returning), Collier might just have the makings of a decent team-which would be welcomed in football-crazed Lincoln.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- Wilbekin, Florida hold on to topple Kansas
- UK bounces back to shut down Boise State
- Providence loses Dunn (shoulder) for season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers Grey On-Court Long Sleeve Shooter Shirt