Team preview: Minnesota
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
Minnesota boosters have a new least favorite phrase. It used to be "lack of institutional control," but now that Dan Monson has cleaned house and cleaned up the program, there's a new phrase that strikes fear in the hearts of Gopher fans: "On the bubble."
Every March, it seems the Golden Gophers are one of the teams monitoring the results of conference tournaments and sweating out Selection Sunday. And the last three years, they have been disappointed to be left out of the NCAA Tournament.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- McDermott among Wooden Award finalists
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Maroon Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt