Team preview: Minnesota
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Minnesota boosters have a new least favorite phrase. It used to be "lack of institutional control," but now that Dan Monson has cleaned house and cleaned up the program, there's a new phrase that strikes fear in the hearts of Gopher fans: "On the bubble."
Every March, it seems the Golden Gophers are one of the teams monitoring the results of conference tournaments and sweating out Selection Sunday. And the last three years, they have been disappointed to be left out of the NCAA Tournament.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 10 L'ville erases 18-point hole, beats UNC
- Robinson's heroics help Pitt topple No. 8 ND
- Vols defeat Auburn, spoil coach Pearl's return
- Northern Iowa ends Shockers' 27-game run
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Maroon Basketball Player Performance T-shirt