Team preview: San Diego State
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
It has been nearly 15 years since Steve Fisher went from little known assistant coach to a household name. That's when he was tabbed as Michigan's head coach on the eve of the 1989 NCAA Tournament, and promptly led the Wolverines to their first and only national title. In the eight seasons that followed, Fisher's Wolverines made six NCAA Tournament appearances, including two more trips to the national championship game. He also guided the maze and blue to a pair of NIT appearances, with his career there culminating with a NIT Championship in 1997.But despite the success Fisher enjoyed in Ann Arbor, he has arguably done his best coaching job over the last four years at San Diego State.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's San Diego State Aztecs #13 Scarlet Replica Basketball Jersey