Team preview: Providence
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
One thing Providence didn't need too spend so much time on at the beginning of this school year was introductions. Not when nine players who have been in the starting lineup at one point in their careers return from a team that won eight of its last 10 games last year before falling to Georgetown in the second round of the NIT.
No, the need for those cheap, sticky name tags that usually fall off shortly after being applied were not necessary when the Friars gathered on campus before the start of classes and continued to work on their games in preparation for a season that many supporters are eagerly anticipating. That depth in the lineup is a major reason for that anticipation.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Gators' Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Sources: Appalachian St. fires coach Capel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM