Team preview: BYU
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
When coach Steve Cleveland arrived at BYU before the 1997-98 season, expectations were as low as the altitude in Provo, Utah (4,553 feet) is high. As Cleveland prepares for his seventh season at the helm, expectations for the Cougars are nearing the stratosphere.BYU, which won one game the year before Cleveland's arrival, is returning four starters and 12 lettermen off of last year's 23-9 MWC co-regular season championship squad. After taking Connecticut down to the wire in a 58-53 loss in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, BYU will be looking to do much more than earn its third NCAA Tournament berth in the last four years.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt