Team preview: Pittsburgh
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Updated: November 9, 2003, 10:19 PM ETBlue Ribbon Yearbook
Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
COACH AND PROGRAM
For two weeks last April, the head coaching job at Pittsburgh remained open as school officials looked to find a successor for Ben Howland, who left after four successful seasons to become the head man at UCLA.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Pitt Panthers #3 Blue Replica Basketball Jersey