Team preview: Pittsburgh
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Updated: November 9, 2003, 10:19 PM ETBlue Ribbon Yearbook
Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
COACH AND PROGRAM
For two weeks last April, the head coaching job at Pittsburgh remained open as school officials looked to find a successor for Ben Howland, who left after four successful seasons to become the head man at UCLA.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Pitt Panthers #1 Blue Replica Basketball Jersey