Team preview: Kansas
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
For the first time in 14 years, there is a new basketball coach at Kansas. When Bill Self was hired April 21 to succeed Roy Williams, he became just the eighth coach in school history. The 40-year-old embarks on his fourth coaching stint in 10 years.
Self made a quick progression up the coaching ladder. He spent four years at Oral Roberts, taking an abysmal program to the NIT in his final season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Mount St. Mary's (16-16) clinches NCAA bid
- Zags hold off BYU comeback, win WCC title
- Milwaukee wins Horizon title to reach tourney
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Kansas Jayhawks Alley Oop Youth Basketball