Team preview: Indiana
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
On the plus side it was an unmistakable sign that Indiana basketball was back among the elite programs in the country. But the downside was that the Hoosiers played every game last season with targets on their backs. Beating Indiana once again was a season-maker for lesser opponents, and coach Mike Davis spent the off-season looking for tips from other champions who had gone down the same rugged path.
"Coming off the national championship game, it was a different arena for us," Davis said.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard rolls, gets first NCAA tourney berth
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt