Team preview: Arizona
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, long known as the Bible of college basketball, to provide a comprehensive look at all 327 Division I teams.
COACH AND PROGRAM
Arizona basketball celebrates its 100th birthday this season, but it seems to be getting younger.
The Wildcats were a college phenomenon last season with three seniors in the starting lineup. This year their lineup will look more like a traditional hoop power with no seniors. "That's the biggest problem that faces anyone in Division I college basketball is that you just can't count on having seniors anymore," Arizona coach Lute Olson said. "The days of senior-laden team are a thing of the past."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Wildcats Full-Size Crossover Basketball