Team preview: Michigan
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2003-04 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
Michigan is coming off a season that's pretty much a microcosm of the state of its program these days-and a season that would be the envy of Lazarus.
Coach Tommy Amaker's Wolverines found out immediately before the season that they'd be ineligible for postseason play thanks to NCAA violations under the previous coaching regime. That cloud hung over the team as it stumbled out of the gate to an 0-6 start-three losses in a tournament in the Virgin Islands, then homecourt losses to Western Michigan and Central Michigan, followed by a 22-point thumping at Duke.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Beavers' Baker in ICU; required defibrillator
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Michigan Wolverines Blue Tournament Basketball T-shirt