Carolina keeps the pressure on
Originally Published: February 9, 2005By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- When people think of discipline in basketball, they usually think of curfews or the Princeton offense. To me, though, the most disciplined thing to do is to get a team to run on every possession, made or missed shot. It took Roy Williams' North Carolina Tar Heels an entire season to learn that, but they are now the most lethal fast-break team in college hoops. The Heels have learned that by running every time they come up with the basketball, they put enormous pressure on the opponent's defense.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com