Being on the road can sometimes help
Originally Published: January 27, 2005By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- Winning a big game on the road is not easy but it is one of the most fun things a team can do. Look at what Illinois accomplished in breaking Wisconsin's 38-game home court winning steak at the Kohl Center Tuesday night. I guarantee that the bus ride out of Madison was very satisfying for Bruce Weber and his team. It is no myth that winning on the road is challenging. According to CollegeRPI.com, 190 Division I teams have all-time home court winning percentages of over .667, and 307 of the 326 Division I schools are at .500 or better. So, assuming the talent levels are relatively equal, how do you a get a team ready to win on the road, given those numbers?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Gators' Donovan harps on quick turnaround
- Players support South Carolina coach Martin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com