Zags should no longer surprise us
Originally Published: December 30, 2004By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- No team in the country has three better nonconference victories than Gonzaga as the Bulldogs enter Thursday night's game at Missouri. And their convincing victories over Washington, Georgia Tech and Oklahoma State say all you need to know about the Zags as a Final Four contender.
How could Gonzaga end up in St. Louis? First, keep in mind that the Bulldogs have already played three top-five teams Illinois, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State. And the Yellow Jackets and the Cowboys return the majority of their players from last year's teams that advanced to the Final Four in San Antonio.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com