Purdue adds Paxson to recruiting haul
Originally Published: December 20, 2004By Tom Lemming | Special to ESPN Insider
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in West Lafayette. Purdue recently beat Tennessee to snag a commitment from J.B. Paxson, the top prospect in Indiana. The pledge from the 6-3, 264-pounder from Greenwood Center Grove continues the Boilermakers on a path toward their best recruiting class in 20 years. Paxson, who accounted for close to 50 quarterback sacks in just two years, will have plenty of talented company. The Boilermakers have dominated in-state rivals Notre Dame and Indiana by landing the state's five top prospects. In addition to Paxson, Purdue has pledges from WR Selwyn Lymon, DE Mike Neal, QB Joey Elliott and DB Jason Werner.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com