Top D-linemen enjoy trip to Aggieland
Originally Published: December 12, 2004By Tom Lemming | Special to ESPN Insider
- Surprises are part of every recruiting season. In fact, surprises are the rule rather than the exception. However, something happens every year that catches me off guard. The most recent surprise was not a switched commitment, but a late-night phone call. I received a call late Saturday night from two of the nation's best prospects. Defensive tackles Callahan Bright from Bryn Mawr (Harriton), Pa., and Jerrell Powe from Waynesboro (Wayne County), Miss., called me after midnight from their visit to Texas A&M. The talented duo wanted to talk about their visit to Aggieland and Bright wanted to discuss his shot at landing a spot in the U.S. Army All-American game. Both players said they had a good visit and loved Texas A&M defensive line coach Stan Eggen. Neither player is ready to commit, but it looks like it could come down to Texas A&M and Auburn for Powe. The Aggies and Florida State appear to be Bright's favories. However, qualifying academically could be a factor for both players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com