Irish must work fast to salvage recruiting
The repercussions of Notre Dame's firing of Tyrone Willingham are already being felt in recruiting.
Originally Published: November 1, 2004By Tom Lemming | Special to ESPN Insider
- Notre Dame's firing of Tyrone Willingham came down in a very short period of time, but the repercussions are already being felt in the recruiting world. Not only will those effects have both short- and long-term implications, but recruiting also played a critical factor in Willingham's dismissal. Notre Dame's inability to recruit difference makers under Willingham was a big factor in the Irish's inability to succeed on the field. Last year's class proved to be a disaster by Notre Dame standards. While the early projections for this year's class are better, they still don't approach the top-15 range.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com