Stewart stands out in crowded RB class
Originally Published: August 23, 2004By Tom Lemming | Special to ESPN Insider
- It is a great year for impact running backs. In fact, if this was last year, four running backs -- Rashard Mendenhall, Toney Baker, Kevin Grady, and our No. 3 prospect of this season, Jonathan Stewart -- would all rank in the second to five spots, right behind Adrian Peterson. Stewart is a 5-foot-10, 220 pounder from Olympia Timberline, Washington. In person, at least to me, he looks and plays like Bo Jackson. What I saw on film is a back who shows uncanny balance, a great burst, tremendous strength, vision and desire. Another way he reminds me of Bo Jackson is his strength and speed allows him to run over or around defenders.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com