Blum, Kanellis stand out in Iowa
Originally Published: August 2, 2004By Tom Lemming | Special to ESPN Insider
- Editor's note: Look for Tom Lemming's 2004 Recruiting Road Trip reports every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The states of Iowa and Kansas are not known for producing an abundance of blue-chip football stars. In an average year, there are normally six to 12 prospects in Iowa and a few less and Kansas. During this year's trip, I found at least four Division I prospects in western Iowa and another eight to 10 around the rest of the state. However, I encountered only a few Division I-type players in Kansas.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- In progress: Tiger fades at Doral; Reed ahead
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com