North Texas overflowing with talent
Originally Published: July 16, 2004By Tom Lemming | ESPN Insider
- Editor's note: Look for Tom Lemming's 2004 Recruiting Road Trip reports every Tuesday and Friday. IRVING, Texas -- I've been driving through the state of Texas each summer for the past 20 years looking for blue-chip talent. It's usually an eight to 10 day trip which includes stops all across the state from El Paso to Houston and from Amarillo through Dallas and into the Austin-San Antonio region. But this season, I decided to spend just four days in Texas and was helped along by the Dallas Cowboys the Houston Texans. Dallas Cowboy offensive coordinator Sean Payton, a former prep football report all Midwest selection in my 1980 book, and head coach Bill Parcells allowed me to use the Dallas Cowboys facilities for interviews, film collection and a picture session.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com