Kirilenko a max guy?
- Five observations from Jazz training camp, based on an Oct 15-16 visit:
The talks between the Jazz and Andrei Kirilenko's representative Marc Fleisher on a new contract have gotten tough over the past week. Kirilenko has become increasingly frustrated that the two sides have been unable to reach a deal on a six-year extension.
Both sides agree it has begun to affect the 23-year-old All-Star in camp.
"I'm angry," Kirilenko said. "I just want to earn what I believe I'm worth. It bothers me, because I want to be very important player on this team. If not, it's OK. It won't affect me."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Cavs honor 'Big Z' as LeBron makes cameo
- Rodman: No return to North Korea if desired
- Clips extend streak to 7 behind Griffin, Paul
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Chicago Bulls Carlos Boozer Swingman Revolution 30 Red Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index