McDyess reborn, Rasheed behaving
- AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Here are five observations from Pistons' training camp, gleaned from watching them Oct. 11-13:
Pistons loving McDyess: If the Pistons are going to turn in another special season, they're going to need a big year from their only prominent free-agent addition, Antonio McDyess.
McDyess spent the better part of the past 2½ seasons nursing injuries and, at times, pondering retirement. However, when Larry Brown (an assistant coach when McDyess played for Team USA in the 2000 Olympics) and Chauncey Billups (a close friend) came calling this summer, McDyess decided to give his creaky legs one last go.
"When they asked me, I couldn't say no. It was a privilege to help them defend a championship."
The results, so far, have been nothing short of miraculous.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Primary Logo Red T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index