Ford's preseason predictions
- Forecasting this year's NBA award candidates might prove to be as fruitless as trying to predict the outcome of tonight's presidential election.
Shaq or Kobe? Howard or Okafor? Brown or Carlisle? Barry or Richardson? Bush or Kerry?
It's just too close to call.
Our ESPN Insider, Chad Ford, gives you the breakdown of the best races in the NBA and casts his votes for the next MVP, Rookie of the Year and the rest of the NBA's postseason awards.Most Valuable Player
The general consensus among NBA GMs is that this year's MVP contest will be a two-horse race between two bitter ex-teammates trying to prove that they're better off without their other half.
Taking into account in the past 15 years every MVP recipient played on a team with the best or second-best record in their conference, do Shaq and Kobe really have a shot?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clips extend streak to 7 behind Griffin, Paul
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Anthony's 26 pace Knicks in win over Cavs
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index