Ford's preseason predictions
Shaq or Kobe? Howard or Okafor? Brown or Carlisle? Barry or Richardson? Bush or Kerry?
It's just too close to call.
Our ESPN Insider, Chad Ford, gives you the breakdown of the best races in the NBA and casts his votes for the next MVP, Rookie of the Year and the rest of the NBA's postseason awards.
The general consensus among NBA GMs is that this year's MVP contest will be a two-horse race between two bitter ex-teammates trying to prove that they're better off without their other half.
Taking into account in the past 15 years every MVP recipient played on a team with the best or second-best record in their conference, do Shaq and Kobe really have a shot?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's L.A. Lakers Kobe Bryant Replica Revolution 30 Gold Basketball Jersey