Christie gives Kings much-needed edge
- The Sacramento Kings eliminated the Dallas Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs without Bobby Jackson and with Chris Webber (although very solid throughout this series) a mere shadow of what he has been in the past.
The Kings will need more from Webber if they hope to defeat Minnesota (which has all but wrapped up its series with Denver) and have a legit chance to win a world's championship. However, the guy in my mind who holds the key to their success is the one who changed the face of this franchise and made it a legitimate title contender in the first place.
That, my friends, is Doug Christie.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index