Spendthrift Knicks buy spiffy resumes, spotty results
The worst part is that they probably expected to lose the game the whole time.
With 8:50 left in the opening quarter, the game was still competitive with the Jazz holding a slight 12-10 lead.
But after a few free throws by Utah, Tim Thomas had his shot blocked by Andrei Kirilenko. On the ensuing possession, Kirilenko worked his way inside of Thomas for a tip-in bucket. Thomas missed his next jump hook shot, Carlos Boozer made a lay up and then Thomas missed another hook shot.
After two more buckets by Kirilenko, the last a three-point play after another foul by Thomas, the Jazz were up 23-10 and the game was all but over.
This time, Thomas can take the blame. But what about the 43 losses that the Knicks took last year as the highest paid team in the league? Or the 45 the year before? Or the 52 the year before that?
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Allen leaning toward joining Cavaliers
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Shelly Sterling seeks appeal-proof ruling
- Sources: Mavs close to deal with PG Nelson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint New York Knicks Madison Square Garden Signature Stadium Photo