A fearsome, or gruesome, foursome?
- With the 2004-'05 NBA season at its midpoint, which teams should we take seriously? For the purposes of this discussion, a team must be a serious threat to have an impact in the postseason.
With that in mind, consider the four teams that made up ESPN's Friday night doubleheader: The Dallas Mavericks lost 95-94 to the Indiana Pacers, while the Houston Rockets took out the Minnesota Timberwolves 119-113 in overtime in Minneapolis.
Let's assess each team's potential for a playoff run. Which are genuine title contenders, and which are mere pretenders?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Anthony's 26 pace Knicks in win over Cavs
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Parker, Ginobili combine for 54 in Spurs' win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets James Harden #13 Game Time White T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index