Trade review? Win-win-win
Yes, Cuttino Mobley is with his third team in less than a year. Let's evaluate the trades made by those three teams.
Last June, the Magic and Rockets engaged in a seven-player deal that featured Tracy McGrady (to Houston) and Steve Francis and Mobley (to Orlando). ESPN Insider George Karl, a former NBA head coach, analyzes those blockbuster trades that have the Magic as their nexus.
I'll play coach for these three franchises.
First, let's consider the Kings (27-11), who have been close to the top of the Western Conference for half a dozen years. Management realizes the team is getting older, and most observers are saying they don't have enough to stay at that level.
The Kings want to stay at the top of the mountain and maintain their role as a contender. The Mobley trade means they have a better and younger player than Christie. Mobley will be a free agent at the end of the season, so the Kings should have more than 40 games to observe him and make a decision about whether they want him long-term.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden's 41 help Rockets outlast Nuggets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.