Could Snow fall in Houston?
Houston hoped to find a decent point guard in free agency and hope it had enough depth around McGrady and Yao Ming to succeed.
Unfortunately, as plans go, it had a few flaws. The team passed up chances to sign Damon Jones (who is lighting it up in Miami), Rafer Alston, Mike James, and Derek Fisher because each was either asking for too much money or didn't fit coach Jeff Van Gundy's system. The Rockets might have been right, but now, with just Charlie Ward as the only true point guard on the roster, the backcourt is struggling.
So what's the plan now?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Bucks' Parker lost for season to torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.