Best defenses against T-Mac and The Diggler
Saturday in Houston, the superstars are paired again. Since their first matchup, Nowitzki has averaged 29.5 points in four games. McGrady has averaged 22.7 ppg in three outings, but he demonstrated how fast he can ignite Thursday against the Spurs.
McGrady scored on a running 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left, capping a one-man rally in the final minute to lift the Rockets to an improbable 81-80 victory. McGrady scored 13 points in the final 35 seconds, including four difficult 3s, to finish with 33 points, eight rebounds and five steals.
In this Mavs-Rockets' rematch, many fans will want to see the scoring fireworks again. Chances are the coaches will not.
What game plan will the respective coaches implement to slow down the opposing star?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
- Melo: Jackson hire won't impact free agency
- Bird on Pacers: 'Not mad; I'm disappointed'
- Dudley (back spams) returrs to Clips lineup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki #41 Revolution 30 Replica Light Royal Basketball Jersey