Best defenses against T-Mac and The Diggler
Saturday in Houston, the superstars are paired again. Since their first matchup, Nowitzki has averaged 29.5 points in four games. McGrady has averaged 22.7 ppg in three outings, but he demonstrated how fast he can ignite Thursday against the Spurs.
McGrady scored on a running 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left, capping a one-man rally in the final minute to lift the Rockets to an improbable 81-80 victory. McGrady scored 13 points in the final 35 seconds, including four difficult 3s, to finish with 33 points, eight rebounds and five steals.
In this Mavs-Rockets' rematch, many fans will want to see the scoring fireworks again. Chances are the coaches will not.
What game plan will the respective coaches implement to slow down the opposing star?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki NBA Bracelet