Key to coaching lies in organization
- As the NBA evolves into more of a player's league, the role of a coach has become increasingly precarious. In fact, a coach's job is more difficult today than ever, even as coaches have become more expendable to teams.
The difficulty of the job starts in training camp. There seems to be a softness in camp, causing a disruption in the way teams prepare for the season. Players have always disliked training camp and the physical preparation of getting ready for the season, but it was needed.
Coaches seem to have conceded that camp won't be difficult physically, but instead a time to manage and try to get the team mentally ready. Very seldom can a coach successfully prepare a team for a season that way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index