Key to coaching lies in organization
The difficulty of the job starts in training camp. There seems to be a softness in camp, causing a disruption in the way teams prepare for the season. Players have always disliked training camp and the physical preparation of getting ready for the season, but it was needed.
Coaches seem to have conceded that camp won't be difficult physically, but instead a time to manage and try to get the team mentally ready. Very seldom can a coach successfully prepare a team for a season that way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Granger eyes Friday return after long layoff
- Bulls' Deng to miss second straight game
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Authentic Practice Black Adjustable Hat