Wolves surging to the finish line
Kevin McHale has the Timberwolves playing with a sense of desperation as they chase the final playoff spot.
- As the regular season winds down, you can easily see the teams that are playing with pride and desperation. Minnesota is one of those teams. But with the schedule dwindling, the question has to be, "Is the hourglass going to run out too soon?"
Coach Kevin McHale's Timberwolves are making a charge down the stretch and exerting all resources to earn the eighth seed in the West. Six wins in seven games wins have lifted the Timberwolves to 39-35.
Trailing Memphis by three games in the loss column, having lost the season series three games to one, the odds are against the Wolves. But the Grizzlies have a difficult schedule left, giving Minnesota hope. The Wolves also are four games behind Denver, but will own the tiebreaker over the Nuggets with a win on Friday night.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 Blue Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index