Webber not happy in Philadelphia
The Kings have adjusted to life without Chris Webber, but Webber is still struggling to adapt to the Sixers.
- The shocking trade of Chris Webber on Feb. 24 and this week's injury to Brad Miller leave Sacramento with only one true center on its roster Greg Ostertag. But someone forgot to tell Mike Bibby and the rest of the hard-working, free-flying Kings. Bibby is playing like an All-Pro in the fourth quarter of games, just like he's done his whole career.
Tuesday night, in Sacramento's win at home against struggling Orlando, Bibby scored 15 of his 21 points in the final quarter. He added 10 assists in the game, spending the first three quarters setting up the rest of his team, particularly Peja Stojakovic, who got 24 of his 27 points before Bibby took over in the fourth. Despite the presence of other stars in the Kings' lineup over the years, Bibby has usually been the one to guide them in the fourth.
Coach Rick Adelman now sets him up with even more opportunities to score. Drag screens set for Bibby in transition, high screen-rolls in the set offense, the options off the Princeton offense, and now more isolations near the elbow area (where the lane line intersects with the free-throw line) have put the decision making and scoring responsibilities on the shoulders of the most clutch player on the squad.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Sacramento Kings Team NBA Bracelet
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index