Numbers point to Garnett as NBA's best
A careful look at the numbers indicates that Kevin Garnett has been the top performer in the NBA this season.
Now here's the catch: Regardless of which player I think is better, how would I prove it? If I said Garnett, I would point out his outstanding perimeter skills for a big man, his tremendous rebounding effort and his superior shooting form. If I said Shaq, I would mention his domination around the basket and unusual athleticism for a man of his size.
But generalities like that don't make for an ironclad case. Whether we're debating Kevin Garnett vs. Shaquille O'Neal or Casey Jacobsen vs. Bostjan Nachbar, the conversation inevitably returns to the statistics compiled by the individuals in question.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
- Young returns to Wolves after mom's death
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.