Rule changes help boost scoring
Yet Cuban has had one very positive influence on the state of officiating -- encouraging the league's use of the refs to open up the game. From an entrepreneurial perspective, Cuban realized a more open-court game with higher scoring would create a more fan-friendly product. As Randy Galloway reported this week in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Dallas owner pushed hard for the league to open the game up by cracking down on contact on the perimeter.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.