Rule changes help boost scoring
Yet Cuban has had one very positive influence on the state of officiating -- encouraging the league's use of the refs to open up the game. From an entrepreneurial perspective, Cuban realized a more open-court game with higher scoring would create a more fan-friendly product. As Randy Galloway reported this week in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Dallas owner pushed hard for the league to open the game up by cracking down on contact on the perimeter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
- D'Antoni corrects Kobe: Lakers started well
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Alternate Ultimate Royal T-Shirt