L.A. seeking star-caliber point
With both Marko Jaric and Shaun Livingston out, the Clippers have been forced to use Rick Brunson at the point. But their problems run even deeper than that, as this bad streak hit before Jaric went down.
As good as Jaric has been at times, the Clippers still need an experienced point guard to lead them down the stretch of winnable games. Livingston eventually might become that guy, but it could still take a while. In the meantime, the team is in danger of losing everything it built this season.
Typically, the Clippers of yore would sit idly by maybe even trade away a good player or two to seal their fate. This team appears to be different. At head coach Mike Dunleavy's urging, sources claim the Clippers have been proactive about making a blockbuster deal for a star-quality point guard.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Los Angeles Clippers Padded Swivel Bar Stool with Back