Paul, Taft are scouts' early favorites for No. 1
This year, scouts believe the college class is one of the strongest ever. The international class doesn't have a clear No. 1, but there's a lot of depth. And the high school class? You might want to wait until next year, when Indiana big man Greg Oden is eligible for the draft.
While injuries, a strong season or the late discovery of an international sleeper can certainly change this group, the dozen or so NBA scouts and GMs Insider talked to all were in agreement on which prospects had a shot at the No. 1 pick.
There isn't a clear-cut No. 1 this year. But each of them, with patience and a few breaks down the road, has the potential to be an NBA superstar.
Here are the contenders:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Sources: Wolves eye PF Young if Love dealt
- Poll: LeBron's reputation near pre-Decision level
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's North Carolina Tar Heels #35 Carolina Blue Replica Basketball Jersey