Paul, Taft are scouts' early favorites for No. 1
- With the NBA season in full swing, NBA scouts and personnel directors already are shifting their focus to the 2005 draft.
This year, scouts believe the college class is one of the strongest ever. The international class doesn't have a clear No. 1, but there's a lot of depth. And the high school class? You might want to wait until next year, when Indiana big man Greg Oden is eligible for the draft.
While injuries, a strong season or the late discovery of an international sleeper can certainly change this group, the dozen or so NBA scouts and GMs Insider talked to all were in agreement on which prospects had a shot at the No. 1 pick.
There isn't a clear-cut No. 1 this year. But each of them, with patience and a few breaks down the road, has the potential to be an NBA superstar.
Here are the contenders:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's North Carolina Tar Heels Carolina Blue 'Own the Court' Basketball T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index