Pacers go from bad to good overnight
Last week, it was the Ron Artest basket-brawl in Detroit. This week, Hubie Brown, last year's Coach of the Year recipient, claims he's lost his passion for basketball and steps down.
If things follow form, the Grizzlies are about to go on a 10-game winning streak. Don't believe us? Did you get a good look at the Pacers this week?
Was there anyone who predicted that a month into the season
- The Pacers would have the best record in the East despite playing without both Jermaine O'Neal and Artest for the majority of their games.
- That Hubie Brown would realize, one month into the season, that coaching in the NBA these days isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- The Seattle SuperSonics and Phoenix Suns, two teams most analysts predicted would miss the playoffs, would have the best record in the NBA.
- The Suns and Sonics would get to the top of the mountain by shooting 3s. That's right. The two teams with the best records in the league also are averaging the most 3-point shots made and attempted.
- Bobcats guard Brevin Knight would be averaging more assists than all but one point guard in the league Steve Nash.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe has shoulder surgery, out 9 months
- LeBron out against Blazers for sprained wrist
- Barnes still irked as NBA clears Suns owner
- Hornets' Walker has surgery, out 6 weeks