Mavs, Grizz and Knicks still have work to do
- The free-agent frenzy is over and a number of high-profile teams have a lot to show for it. With NBA spending at an all-time high and trades going down in frantic pace, there is a growing parity in the league that gives hope to franchises that have had little to cheer about the past few years.
From Boston to Utah to Orlando and even Cleveland, GMs can stand up credibly after a busy summer and tell fans that hope is on the way.
Unfortunately, not everyone can say that. A number of teams have done nothing. A few more have made only minor, lateral moves that won't likely affect the win column once the season begins.
With all the focus the past few weeks on what teams have done in an effort to improve, it's just as instructive to look at what a handful of teams haven't done. A number of teams on the list, including the Grizzlies, Knicks and Hawks, came into the summer with high hopes. With nothing to show for it (yet), is it time to write them off or will they still make a big splash this summer?
Insider takes a look 10 teams that still need a major overhaul this summer. Can the Mavs land Jason Kidd? With the Grizzlies finally get their hands on a big man -- Eddy Curry? Will Isiah Thomas finally make the big move he's been promising? Here's our take.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index