Clips pick Kittles over Q
The Clippers decided not to match the Suns' six-year, $42.6 million offer sheet for Quentin Richardson, sources told Insider. Instead, they traded for Nets shooting guard Kerry Kittles in a move that preserves their cap space for next season.
With most of the free-agent dollars dried up, several teams and player agents were waiting with bated breath for the decision. The Clippers' decision not to match for Q, but to trade for Kittles, may have been the worst of all worlds for the few free agents left out there.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin #32 Match Up Red Fitted Tee