Agent: Winning isn't important to them
Technically, that's not true. The team received three future first-round picks. But for a proud playoff contender, losing your starting power forward and second-best player without getting equal value back is as close to "nothing" as you're going to get.
As you can imagine, Jason Kidd's reaction to the whole affair wasn't exactly positive.
"He is processing it," agent Jeff Schwartz told the Newark Star-Ledger. "I told him before he has a (public) reaction he should think about it for a while. But his initial reaction was pretty easy to figure out ... The Nets obviously have decided winning a championship isn't very important to them right now."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rivers: 'It's going to be hard' facing Celtics
- Newly added Jackson will be active for Clips
- 76ers' Carter-Williams out with knee infection
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Basic Black Flex Hat