Spurs, Pistons still favorites for the Finals
The Spurs-Pistons game Sunday is also a potential Finals matchup.
- With the season rapidly coming to an end, it's that time of year for us to start looking at potential playoff matchups and there's a big one coming up when the San Antonio Spurs travel to the Palace at Auburn Hills to take on the defending world champion Detroit Pistons. This could be a matchup of the NBA Finals and it's no coincidence they are also the best defensive teams in the league.I realize the Miami Heat have the best record and the Phoenix Suns and Seattle SuperSonics have the potential to make this preview a moot point, but the Spurs and Pistons are still my favorites to make the Finals.Duncan and the Spurs may have another chance to bring a championship to San Antonio.
Most teams are broken down by individual matchups, but with these two it comes down to strategy and style more than anything else. Both teams possess coaches who have won it all and demand unselfish play and passionate defense, while also dominating in the paint.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Grizzlies' Randolph (flu) returns to lineup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint San Antonio Spurs AT&T Center Signature Stadium Photo
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index